Sunday 7 August 2016

The Post With No Name

After Ireland we headed off on a really fast train called the EuroStar to Paris. We stayed in Paris for four nights. 

On the first day we just wandered around getting our bearings and not doing very much.

The next day we went to the Pont Neuf, which is that famous bridge with all the locks on it. If you've seen the movie Now You See Me, the final scene in it is based on this bridge. After that we went on a hop-on hop-off bus around Paris and ended the day by climbing the Arc of Triumph, Which has a good view of Paris from every angle.

    (Queue corny tourist photo)
The next day we went to Sacre Couer, a church which had another view of Paris. (I thought this was a bit unnecessary but we did it anyway) We also went to Notre Dame, which I shouldn't need to explain to you because it's super famous. Actually, I don't even know what was famous for so I probably should explain it to you. It's another church. The end. But it's not because after that we went on a tour to the Effiel Tower. The views were great because it was sooooooooo high. I think it's around 320 metres, which is actually a lot higher than you would think. Then at night we watch it light up which was also very cool. 

The next day was spent at the Louvre, a massive museum housing thousands of artworks. Apparently if you looked at every single one it would take you 14 days to finish, and I think everyone will agree with me when I say that no one is that interested in art. We did see the Mona Lisa there, but it was tiny! It was actually the smallest painting I have ever seen (and after being to the Louvre I have now seen too many to count). Even weirder was the fact that everyone was crowding around this tiny artwork when opposite it was this colossal canvas with an amazingly vibrant artwork on it that nobody is looking at!
Despite that, all of the artworks were very good and worth putting in a museum.



Then we moved on to Belguim, but you'll hear about that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment