Tuesday 16 August 2016

Walt Disney Copyright Scandal

That's right, you heard me, Walt Disney has been convicted of copyright........ But nobody cares. I'm serious, we went to a castle in Germany called Neuschwanstien Castle ( for those small few who recognise that name, I'm sad to say I've read that book too, but you haven't, it's from the third book in a fairytale series that's written by an actor from Glee). Walt Disney copied it, and now every time you see a picture of the castle at DisneyLand, think, "that's neuschwanstien castle. I read about it on Nate's blog. Someone should sue Disney". 

The castle was built at some point during history by the King of Germany,  Ludwig (yes! My favourite character on Mario Kart!) Ludwig was obsessed with fairy tales and decided to build a fairy tale castle. Most historians say he's a bit loco. I agree. (I wasn't joking, there's a real character on Mario Kart called Ludwig and he's the BEST!) 

At the place where we went to Neuschwanstien, there is a lake that people were swimming in. IT WAS FREEZING. You may be thinking, it's your fault for swimming in there you idiot! But I have to admit, it was really refreshing having a swim in a hot day. 

Later that night, we were finished with Neuschwanstien, and having dinner. We realised that I was having my sixth pretzel that day!

The next day we explored Munich, and spent most of the day in a massive park that had Rapids. There were people surfing in the centre of the Rapids, and they did amazing tricks, while trying to keep their balance. There were also multiple rivers branching off from the Rapids, going all throughout the park. Many people were swimming in it, even though it was FREEZING! (Again) we decided to swim in it, and it was even colder than last time! Except this time, it was apparently more "cultural" because there were old guys walking around completely naked and swimming in the rivers. Thankfully, there were only a couple of them, but it was still a bit of a surprise. Today's lesson: "cultural" is not always a good thing.

We then left Germany, and headed to Venice, but I'm going to leave it on a cliff hanger to make it more dramatic.




No comments:

Post a Comment